In Introduction to Chiropractic
Chiropractic care is a type of healthcare which aims to reduce pain, improve the function of the body’s joints and muscles, and enhance overall health and well-being with the use various techniques including mobilization and manipulation of the spine and other joints of the body.
Our registered Chiropractic Oakville clinic will conduct a detailed assessment including history taking and a physical examination and
to assess your condition and create a treatment plan to address your presenting symptoms.
Common conditions our registered chiropractors in Oakville help with:
- Low back and neck pain
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Headaches and migraines
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Tips for preparing for your chiropractic appointment:
- Upload or bring to your appointment any relevant medical documents such as X-rays or MRI if any.
- If you have any specific concerns with positioning, let the chiropractor know in advance.
- It is best to arrive a few minutes early for your appointment.
- Complete the necessary forms before your appointment.
- Remember to bring your doctor’s note to your appointment if your insurance requires one for billing.
- Wear comfortable clothing which allows ease of movement
- Make a list of possible questions you may have as well as a list of medications you’re taking.
- You may bring a support person if it will help you feel more comfortable.
How to find a chiropractic service in Oakville?
Triangle Physiotherapy Oakville is located at 2501 Prince Michael Drive, unit 2 and it’s in the same plaza as Shoppers Drug Mart and Starbucks. The main intersection is Trafalgar and Dundas. There is free parking available.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What can I expect from a chiropractic treatment?
Chiropractic treatment is an alternative medicine which focuses on diagnosing and treating disorders of the musculoskeletal system, most commonly the spine. It uses manual manipulation or adjustment of the spine or other body parts to restore function and correct misalignment.
2. Do I need to have an injury to see a chiropractor or can I see one for help in maintaining overall health and wellness?
No, you don’t need to be injured to see a chiropractor because seeing a chiropractor also helps in the improvement of overall health and wellness by improving flexibility, posture, and mobility.
3. How is chiropractic treatment performed?
Chiropractic treatment involves adjustment techniques, manual manipulation or adjustment techniques to correct any misalignment and improve function. Heating modalities, cold therapy, electrical stimulation and ultrasound may also be used to complement the treatment.