A tension headache is the most common type of headache which is characterized by mild-to-moderate pain and may last hours to days.
It usually affects both sides of the head and is described as dull pain which feels like a tight band around the head.
Common causes of Tension Headaches
- Muscle tension in the neck, head and shoulder area.
- Sleep issues
- Environmental factors like bright light and loud noises
- Eye strain
- Poor Posture
Tension headaches are more common in people who relate to the following:
- Adults and women particularly those who are between 20 to 50 years old.
- It’s more common in women due to hormonal changes.
- People with high lever of stress and high pressure jobs
- Individuals with desk jobs and
- Individuals with poor posture
Physiotherapy or Chiropractic Treatment for Tension Headaches
- Manual therapy
- Posture education and correction to help reduce strain on the neck and shoulder muscles
- Heat and cold therapy
- Manual therapy to help relieve muscle tension
- Range of motion, stretching and strengthening exercises
- Relaxation techniques like deep breathing exercises and progressive muscle relaxation to help with stress
- Lifestyle modifications
Click HERE to book an appointment with a physiotherapist at one of our eight locations.
- Physiotherapy Etobicoke – Triangle Physiotherapy Etobicoke
- Oakville Physiotherapy Clinic – Triangle Physiotherapy Oakville
- Physiotherapy North York – Triangle Physiotherapy North York
- Mississauga Physiotherapy Clinics – Triangle Physiotherapy Mississauga
- Downtown Physiotherapy Clinics – Triangle Physiotherapy King West
- Uptown Physiotherapy Clinics – Triangle Physiotherapy Lawrence Park
- Physiotherapy Clinic Downtown Toronto – Triangle Physiotherapy Queens Quay
- Physiotherapy Clinics Mississauga – Triangle Physiotherapy Erin Mills